Since the turn of the year, we have not seen the pace of reform slow down.
We could fill pages with acronyms describing the new requirements for financial institutions, but we will spare you that.
We are aiming high and expanding our coverage beyond the G20 to track over 600 regulatory initiatives and work with key suppliers to deliver solutions that are truly compliant.
Our big conclusion: unlike in previous years, all parts of the target operating model are in play at once. Whether you sit in trading, risk, data or AML functions, there are hundreds of decisions that you need to make now to be ready when we get to the end of this wave.
To help put Q1 in perspective, the members-only newsletter, RegBeacon, is now available here.
In this issue you can find:
- Stuck getting into the ‘middle’ – the journey towards meeting G20 commitments
- JWG actions in Q1 – our quarterly report card
- The ‘Know Your Customer’ challenge – what MiFID II means to KYC
- Getting MiFID II implementation out of the blocks – delivering the EU’s big bang
- CDMG update – what we learnt from 80+ professionals from 15 firms in Q1
- Online update –our brand new website has gone live
- Training update – what 30 enthusiastic trainees found in our first sessions
- RegDelta – the road to being up and running with 10 firms by the end of Q2.
We hope you enjoy this members’ only snapshot. Let us know if there are any issues on which you are stuck – we can help get you through!
Members: after logging in, you can find RegBeacon under ‘Intelligence’ or in the CDMG members’ area.