We are pleased to publish the latest copy of our newsletter, RegBeacon.
In this edition we look back on a quarter that saw us host a successful conference on RegTech and we consider where this leaves the industry and what the next steps need to be.
This quarter, despite the most serious political event the European Union has seen in its lifetime, we saw a groundswell of support from regulators and the industry for exactly that position.
With no regard to Brexit which cannot alter its course, the relentless march of change continues in Europe, with PRIIPS, MAR and MiFID II all disrupting business models – and introducing tough new standards. Some asset classes like ‘non equities’ will be particularly hard hit as interactions with customers, markets and the middle and back office in flux at once.
In this light on 5 July, JWG hosted its RegTech Capital Markets Conference. Attended by over 160 individuals from the FCA, 30+ firms and the vendors that serve them. We spent a long day debating the future of RegTech with the industry’s top leadership.
To help put both the regulatory landscape in perspective, our members-only newsletter, RegBeacon, is now available here.
In this issue you can find:
- Feature: On the way to real RegTech?
- JWG’s Q2 report card – what we achieved
- The data landscape in Q2 – what we have learned from our work with over 30 firms so far in 2016
- CDMG: Q2 in review – a review of all of the CDMG meetings held in Q2
- MIG: Q2 in review – our sell-side only MiFID II implementation group has met 8 times in Q2
- RegTech update – An update our online platform and the most read articles
- RegDelta – The latest developments to our regulatory change management platform
- Events – An update on the event that we have spoken at in the last quarter
- Conference recap – A recap of our hugely successful conference
As JWG continues to expand its products, services and team, we stand ready to help. The industry’s recognition of the need for Regtech and the uptake of our next generation regulatory change management platform, RegDelta, are just two examples.
We are working hard to ensure we continue our progress into the next quarter and we hope you enjoy this member’s only snapshot.