We suspect that, soon, regulators will be asking tough questions about how you plan to be ready for system integration testing in a mere nine months from now.
The key question is: can you explain what you are doing to meet the entirety of the change requirements?
JWG have been laying the groundwork for this moment since 2013 and we have been running our sell-side focused MIFID Implementation Group (MIG) since the start of this year. As part of the MIG, we have been compiling a detailed risk register in which – so far – we have logged over 70 risks.
You now have the chance to take advantage of our heavy lifting and get a complete and detailed understanding of the MiFID II landscape, the key challenges and the ways others are thinking of overcoming them.
JWG had resoundingly positive feedback from everyone that attended this course in April, with average feedback scores of 4.6/5 for the content, relevance and presentation. One happy customer described the course as a “Very useful overview of the MiFID journey to where we are now”.
The content has been updated to take into account all of the latest developments, including the new version of the technical standards published at the end of September.
All of our training courses are fully participatory and interactive. We will bring the regulatory analysis and the dynamic visualisations of the requirements, along with our next generation platform, RegDelta. Participants should come along expecting to fully engage in the conversation and with the regulation itself.
Whether you are senior management looking to understand the key impacts, or a programme manager trying to get your analysts and suppliers up to speed, this course is for you.
We will fill in the gaps on:
- Context: where MiFID II sits in the wider G20 regulatory implementation plan
- Deltas: what is new – the MiFID I to MiFID II overview
- How to operationalise your programme: scoping, strategic decisions and dependencies
- Trading obligations and venues: systematic internalisers and HFT rules
- Reporting and data management: transaction reporting and data publication
- Investor protection: client classification, inducements, financial promotions and best execution
- SYSC: record keeping, microstructural controls and operational risk.
Participants will get:
- Printed slides of the full 80-page deck for notetaking
- Individual copies of JWG’s MiFID II topic visualisation tool impact assessment framework for notetaking
- Copies of the RegDelta reports that they themselves produce by using the tool to perform live impact assessments against the regulatory requirements.
To learn more about our MiFID II offerings and how we approach the training, please get in touch and don’t forget to join our MiFID II LinkedIn group to be part of the online dialogue.