Completing all of the work required to change technology systems, policies and procedures in line with MiFID II was considered an impossibility for most of the industry in the context of a 2017 deadline. The workload involved to be fully prepared for 2018 is still huge, particularly in the most complex areas of pre-trade transparency, the derivatives trading obligation and product governance.
In thinking about allocating project resources this year, it’s also worth senior management considering that, just because MiFID II has been pushed back, it doesn’t necessarily mean that other, interdependent regimes have also been postponed. And this will complicate the landscape still further. The Market Abuse Directive and Regulation (MAD/R) deadline, for example, remains July of this year and, therefore, the timelines for the parts of that regime that are interdependent with MiFID II, such as the identification of what is ‘traded on a trading venue’, look extremely aggressive.
In light of this new found certainty on the implementation date, JWG is pleased to say that our MiFID II regulatory implementation training, which will run on 22 February, is almost full. There are still a few places remaining, however, and you can book these now.
JWG have been laying the groundwork for this moment since 2013 and we have been running our sell-side focused MIFID Implementation Group (MIG) since the start of 2015. As part of the MIG, we have been compiling a detailed risk register in which – so far – we have logged over 140 risks.
You now have the chance to take advantage of our heavy lifting and leverage our detailed understanding of the MiFID II landscape, the key challenges and the ways others are thinking of overcoming them.
JWG had resoundingly positive feedback from everyone that attended this course in April and November last year, with average feedback scores of 4.6/5 for the content, relevance and presentation. One happy customer described the course as a “Very useful overview of the MiFID journey to where we are now”.
The content has been updated to take into account all of the latest developments, including the transaction reporting scenarios published by ESMA at the end of December.
All of our training courses are fully participatory and interactive. We will bring the regulatory analysis and the dynamic visualisations of the requirements, along with our next generation platform, RegDelta. Participants should come along expecting to fully engage in the conversation and with the regulation itself.
Whether you are senior management looking to understand the key impacts, or a programme manager trying to get your analysts and suppliers up to speed, this course is for you.
We will fill in the gaps on:
- Context: where MiFID II sits in the wider G20 regulatory implementation plan
- Deltas: what is new – the MiFID I to MiFID II overview
- How to operationalise your programme: scoping, strategic decisions and dependencies
- Trading obligations and venues: systematic internalisers and HFT rules
- Reporting and data management: transaction reporting and data publication
- Investor protection: client classification, inducements, financial promotions and best execution
- SYSC: record keeping, microstructural controls and operational risk.
Participants will get:
- Printed slides of the full 80-page deck for notetaking
- Individual copies of JWG’s MiFID II topic visualisation tool impact assessment framework for notetaking
- Copies of the RegDelta reports that they themselves produce after using the tool to perform live impact assessments against the regulatory requirements.
You can take part for just £855 + VAT per seat. Email RegIT@jwg-it.eu ASAP if you want to reserve one of the last few places.
To learn more about our MiFID II offerings and how we approach the training, please get in touch and don’t forget to join our MiFID II LinkedIn group to be part of the online dialogue.