Assessing 10 Opportunities in the RegTech, FinTech and the Digital Landscape
Donna Bales, Co-Founder and Member of the Board of the Canadian RegTech Association and PJ Di Giammarino, Founder and CEO of JWG Group were honoured to participate in the Canadian Institute’s 26th Annual Flagship Conference on Regulatory Compliance for Financial Institutions.
The trans Atlantic debate examined 10 regulatory and compliance challenges that financial institutions face and the types of emerging technology and solutions that are being used to improve compliance effectiveness.
In this year of virtual events, it was a fantastic recap of the most mature RegTech themes, those approaching on the horizon and the most nascent. The duo covered:
- Digital Reporting
- financial Crime
- Operational resilience
- Horizon scanning/Regulatory Change Managmetn
- Responsible AI
- Dynamic Risk Management
- Regulatory Change Management – product compliance
- Culture and Contact
- Digital ID
Join regulators and industry peers virtually for a series of in-depth discussions curated strategy sessions focused on preparing your team evolving regulatory expectations.
- Regulator Townhall: Gain guidance from OSFI, FINTRAC and FSRA on how to avoid compliance missteps during the pandemic as business resumes, 2021 priorities and future assessments
- Concurrent Breakout Sessions: An opportunity for teams or those who need to master all areas of compliance. Each day you will customize your agenda by selecting one of three topics pertaining to AML, Technology and Conduct, Compliance Culture and Consumer Trust to enhance your knowledge of the regulatory environment.
- 1:1 Peer-to-Peer Networking: Come equipped with your top pain point to troubleshoot or breakthrough strategy to share industry peers
- Meet a Mentor: Are you new to Compliance? Meet a seasoned industry leader for an informal chat about building skills and growing your career
Financial Institutions have been forced to pivot in 2020 in order to continue to safely deliver services to Canadians.
The risk profile for financial institutions has been shaken up by the push to digital and new remote work arrangements. The Canadian Institute’s 26th Annual Regulatory Compliance for Financial Institutions flagship program has been designed to provide your organization with clarity following this period of rapid adaptation.
It’s a critical juncture for compliance teams as they strive to ensure continuity across the three lines of defense and operationalize new and impending regulatory packages as they step into 2021.
Throughout the two-day program you hear from government regulators about their priorities moving into 2021. Industry leaders will share their insights on how to address leading compliance deficiencies, navigate ethical quandaries and build a strong culture of compliance.
This is your opportunity to gain knowledge about the regulatory landscape globally and build confidence into your approach to emerging risks in security and privacy, consumer protection and more!